incubator-general mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kylin-1.0-incubating
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2015 04:43:03 GMT
Justin, would you be ok if we file JIRA tickets to keep track the next
release for both website and LICENSE issues?

- Henry

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry but it’s -1 (binding), although you have enough +1 to go ahead and make a release.
>
> This issue that has occurred before [1] and even if the website isn’t included in the
release it looks like there may be a still few issues to fix there.

> I checked
> - package contains incubating
> - Signatures good
> - DISCLAIMER exits
> - LICENSE issues (see below)
> - NOTICE fine
> - No unexpected binary files
> - All source file have apache headers
>
> The file  ./website/assets/css/animate.css has had an Apache header put on it when it
is MIT licensed. There are probably other files that are incorrect in this way but I’ve
not looked in detail. Perhaps ./website/assets/fonts/helveticaneue-webfont.svg and ./website/assets/fonts/helveticaneue-webfont.css?
but that may have a more serious issue.

> The font files ./website/assets/fonts/helveticaneue-webfont.* seem to licensed like so
(from the font meta data):
> "Copyright (c) 1988, 1990 Adobe Systems Incorporated.  All Rights Reserved.Helvetica
is a registered trademark of Linotype AG and/or its subsidiaries.”

> Other minor LICENSE issues:
> - Missing MIT licensed for animate.css
> - Missing MIT for Bootstrap and normalise.css
> - Missing MIT for jQuery
> - Missing MIT for font awsome
> - Missing SIL for font awsome
>
> Not required but you may want to add Apache license for the open sans font to LICENSE
as it not immediately obvious how that binary file is licensed.