incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question related to IP Clearance and software grant
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 14:36:24 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...is a code donation require a software grant signed from the employer of
> the people who wrote the code ? In other words, do we require that the
> employer explicitely allow the employees to work on some code ?...

My understanding is that whoever signs the grant must be authorized to
donate the code, that's it.

Depending on people's contracts it can be either themselves or their
employer - we cannot judge that from our side.

I don't think we ever require a cCLA, that's something that's only
relevant between people and their employers.

All IMHO IANAL etc.

-Bertrand