incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Calcite graduation review
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 08:15:40 GMT
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 6:13 AM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I was the one who suggested an outside mentor review. My thought is that
> given the hullabaloo that accompanies some graduation votes, it would be
> good to have somebody from a different incubator sub-culture to look at the
> project....

One thing that was also recently discussed is to have podlings
self-assess their compliance with
https://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html

If Calcite volunteers to do that, that would be very cool IMO, as a
way to test the idea.

A wiki page that lists the maturity model items with a brief comment
from the podling and mentors about compliance would be very useful,
and its text can be included in the graduation vote.

-Bertrand