incubator-general mailing list archives

From Henri Tremblay <henri.tremb...@gmail.com>
Subject Evaluation the interest of EasyMock at Apache
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 13:49:46 GMT
Hi,

I'm the current lead developer and are mostly maintaining all of EasyMock,
the venerable mocking framework.

I'm thinking about moving it to Apache. My main interest is to find a new
community for it. However, I don't want it to stay in the incubator
forever. So I won't move to Apache if I don't get enough interested
committers.

The goal of this mail is to find out if there is any interest in
collaborating on EasyMock future development.

EasyMock is a great and highly used framework. I want you to help me to
make it greater. I has also the advantage to be a small framework. So it is
easy to understand. The code is mostly clean and is well-tested.

The give you a glimpse of my actual roadmap (which is extremely open):

   - Add more sophisticated verifies (e.g. Mockito style). I think this is
   a great feature that makes the test more readable
   - Java 8 support. Find a nice way to take advantage of Java 8 for mocks
   - Add spies

Interested?

Henri