incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Calcite graduation review
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 01:58:21 GMT
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Given the (minor) license issues with the last release, it might be
> better to make one more incubating release?

Making a flawless release is definitely not a graduation requirement, and I
don't think it would benefit the podling to voluntarily remain in the
Incubator for only that purpose.

What we should expect from graduating podlings is that they are conscientious
about licensing, responsive when issues are raised, and competent enough to
handle simple situations and seek guidance as needed.  There will be numerous
opportunities down the road as a TLP to put those skills to use when
contributions are submitted which contain licensing glitches. :)

Marvin Humphrey