incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sterling Hughes <sterl...@apache.org>
Subject Access to Wiki for Project Proposal
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 17:16:23 GMT
Hi All,

I’m putting together an incubation proposal for a real time operating system project.  Can
I please have write access to the Wiki, to create the proposal?

Username: “Sterling Hughes”

Also, if anyone is interested in championing/mentoring a new project - the company I work
for has built a real-time operating system, along with the core components you need to build
a bluetooth product.  This includes things like a flash filesystem optimized for small devices,
a bluetooth stack (eliminating the need for “SoftDevices”), a hardware abstraction layer
for common I/O functions and the core real time operating system to run it.  Our goal is to
make this a fully open, community owned (i.e. not us) project.

Back in the day, I was a member of the ASF, as a bleed over from being a core contributor
to the PHP project, and drinking a fair amount of beer at ApacheCon.  About 10/11 years ago,
I decided to focus on embedded software, where there is really not a lot of open source (at
least not in commercial products) - and I’m hoping that will change! :-)

Cheers,
Sterling