incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache AsterixDB Hyracks 0.2.16-incubating (RC3)
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 18:42:29 GMT
On 2015-09-22 20:11, Ian Maxon wrote:
> First let me just preface by saying this is just how I understand
> it... If I am wrong anyone please feel free to chime in.
> There are indeed two votes, one is the vote on dev@asterixdb.a.i.o
> where the folks we need to vote (the binding votes) are the Podling
> Project Management Committee (PPMC) members (which is basically all
> the committers at this point). In this vote that just passed, the
> binding votes come from Incubator Project Management Committee (IPMC)
> members, which can be any of our mentors or other interested folks.
> The latter vote is the one that actually determines whether or not we
> can release our artifacts and source, the former simply is to
> establish that there is consensus in the community that it is time for
> a release.

Largely correct, with the additional note that the IPMC +1 votes (like from the
mentors) during the first PPMC voting round also account/tally for the second
IMPC voting round on general@.

So in this case (taking into account that Till voted +1 twice, which technically
wasn't necessary) the finally tally of binding +1 votes actually was +5.

Ate