incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Brooklyn 0.8.0-incubating [rc2]
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 17:18:51 GMT

Hi Justin,

// cross posting to dev@brooklyn

Thanks for the detailed review.

Good spot on the other items included in r.js.  We had missed those.
All look to be MIT or BSD and so are fine but we do need to call them
out; I will do this.

Your files [2]-[5] are covered as part of distributions of packages we
already credit.  I agree we should call out in the LICENSE all files we
include which come from a given distribution; I'll do this also.  (These
files are all already listed in [1] so it is an easy addition to have
this info included in the auto-generated LICENSE.)

As for the structure of our LICENSE we wanted it to be it clear from the
start that there are multiple parts to the file.  This is because it is
otherwise so easy to overlook embedded licenses; you do a `less` and
assume it's all one license (as we did with r.js).  Is our structure
okay given this?  Or is there a better way we can accomplish this?

Cheers
Alex

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/blob/master/usage/dist/licensing/overrides.yaml