incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Should Apache VOTEs be in a first-come, first-serve queue?
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 19:05:45 GMT

On 09/14/2015 02:28 PM, Marko Rodriguez wrote:
> HI,
>
> Here is an idea:
>
> Can we offer $20 to the first 3 binding voters of a release on general@? We would structure
the contract as such:

> 	"The first 3 binding voters on Apache TinkerPop x.y.z get $20 regardless of their vote
being a -1 or +1. However, the binding voter must give an honest review of the artifacts and
specify exactly what they did which led them to their ultimate vote decision. Any dishonesty
in voting disqualifies the individual from receiving their cash prize."

marketing models currently being posited by the general@ list.

> Thoughts?,

Thought 1: Who is "we" in this scenario? That is, whose budget do you
imagine the $60 coming out of?

Thought 2: No, there's no chance that this kind of expenditure would be
permissible under our non-profit status.

Thought 3: Even if someone persuades me that it's permissible, it seems
pretty clearly a Bad Thing To Do. The day we have to start paying people
to vote, we should lock the doors and go home.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon