incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: IP clearance template - tweak sanity check
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2015 18:16:37 GMT
Hi Nick,

Nice work. Just one comment, typo “form” should be “for”.

Original: If recorded in the cclas.txt document, use the company name (field 2 without submitter
name) and the form name (field 4, without any people's names).

Proposed: If recorded in the cclas.txt document, use the company name (field 2 without submitter
name) and the for name (field 4, without any people's names).

Craig

> On Aug 22, 2015, at 12:53 AM, Nick Burch <nick@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> I hit a snag when trying to fill out the IP clearance template, in the "Identify name
recorded for software grant" section, as it used to only refer to grants.txt. Based on advice
from Craig wearing his secretary hat, I've updated that to handle grants given as part of
a CCLA, as well as giving some guidance on what to write there.

> The new text is now about twice as long, but hopefully clearer on how to fill it out.
A sanity check from others would be good though!

> It's at http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html
> then scroll to the Copyright section
>
> Thanks
> Nick