incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apex Incubation Proposal
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 17:03:30 GMT
One thing to consider is that release version numbers are tied to specific
JIRA projects.  If the intention is for Apex and Malhar version numbers to
be independent, then using a single JIRA project could introduce some risk
of confusion if an Apex version number accidentally gets applied to a
Malhar issue.  It might necessitate prefixing the version numbers with
"apex-" and "malhar-" to differentiate.

Based on that, I have a slight preference for separate JIRA projects.
However, I don't object to using a single unified JIRA project if others
feel strongly about it.

--Chris Nauroth