incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] August 2015 Board Report - Please Review
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 00:12:54 GMT
On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 12:47 AM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 7:43 PM Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 4:31 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> > > On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 7:10 PM Niall Pemberton <
> > niall.pemberton@gmail.com>

> > reports
> > >
> > > Hmm very good point.  podlings.xml indicates they shouldn't have, but
> > based
> > > on when they entered the incubator they should have.  Even going back
> > > rev 1 of the page, they are missing.
> > >
> > > https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2015?action=recall&rev=1
> > >
> > > So does anyone have any recommendations on how to handle it?  I'll look
> > at
> > > the history to see why they were removed.
> >
> > Geode's entry in podlings.xml indicated that they were to be monthly
> > for "May, June, July".  Therefore, I removed them this month -- and
> > specifically sent an email telling them not to report, since the
> > report reminder had already gone out.
> >

> Yep, just got to the same conclusion.  It happens.  For those interested,
> here's the commit that removed them.
>

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/public/trunk/content/podlings.xml?r1=1692672&r2=1692887&pathrev=1695191
>
> and the May report, which includes them as a new podling but no report from
> them.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/May2015
>

> > It turns out that Geode did not report in May, so they only filed
> > monthly for two months.
> >
> > It's too late for this report cycle.  Their next scheduled report will
> > be in October.
> >

> Agreed.
>

> > I think the decision to file an out-of-cycle report in September
> > should be left to Geode's Mentors.
> >

> Agreed, though I would urge their mentors to decide that a special report
> should be filed in September.

I don't agree. If Geode was a TLP the board would have asked them to report
the next month - and we should treat them the same way. They're supposed to
know when they should report and thats usually the attitude the board
expresses to missed reports. Also, the mentors didn't pick up the fact
they'd only filed two monthly reports - so I think we (IPMC) should require
it. This is a good learning experience :)

Niall