incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] HAWQ Incubation Proposal
Date Sat, 29 Aug 2015 18:54:26 GMT
On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
>> I would much prefer a smaller list of initial committers who have been
>> identified as having experience or a solid potential to be ASF
>> committers, and let others be elected based on merit as the project
>> progresses.
>
> I would agree that this could be a problem if the project didn't have
> enough active mentors to help a large # of folks master the Apache Way.
> With Justin volunteering at this point we've got 6 very active, very
> experienced mentors. I really don't think the # of committers should be
> a problem.

I agree with Roman.

I think that it would be better to have the list of initial committers
be closer to reality (in the eyes of the proposed project) than
artificially limit it.

During the incubation process, the community can work through the
process of expanding (or contracting if needed - hopefully not!) the
community.

Cheers.  -- justin