incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: [VOTE] Graduate Usergrid from the incubator
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 19:34:23 GMT
On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
wrote:

> However, please do not change the text of any VOTE (graduation, entry
> into incubation, release approval, anything...) while it is underway.
> That retroactively changes the meaning of votes already cast, which is
> problematic. There are better ways to be flexible.

To be concrete, some of the ways that I know about include:

1) cancel this vote and start a new one with an edited proposal.  Since the
podlings suggested text is effectively only a suggestion just as the
resolution that the IPMC provides to the board is just a suggestion, this
is a fine procedure

2) start a side vote to include a note asking the board to change the
resolution.  This is finicky and not as straightforward as (1).