incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Podlings and the ASF maturity model (was: Reform of Incubator...)
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 07:43:36 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 12:24 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> ...I understand the maturity model to be something to aspire to and that Apache Projects
> will always be working toward it.  I mean TLPs, not podlings, although podlings should
be
> aware of it and also aspire to it...

I don't see why podlings should be different here, once they are about
to graduate.

Why can't we define our incubation process as a way for podlings to
learn to operate according to that maturity model [1]?

This would allow us to use the maturity model [1] as a checklist for
graduating podlings - do you see anything in there that shouldn't be
required from a podling that's about to graduate?

-Bertrand

[1] http://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html