incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apache binary distributions
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:27:16 GMT
On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Well I actually have concerns about the "maven" that debian is publishing.
> There are some quite significant - in my view - deviations from our Maven.
>
> For me, the majority of the concerns could be addressed if they fix the
> *Description* to clarify that it is a modified distribution of Apache Maven
> *and* they add an ACK to the trademarks in the description of the package...

I agree that this would be a reasonable request.

OTOH I'm not sure about requesting a package name change, if I'm
getting "maven" from a Debian package library it's reasonable to
expect that that package has been built and assembled by Debian, as
it's their core business. But that would be a question for our
trademarks folks.

-Bertrand