incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "August2015" by MarkoRodriguez
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 02:02:47 GMT
On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 4:58 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:

> The below report was filed by Tinkerpop today.  The podling reporting
> deadline closed last wednesday.  Do we want to accept the report or still
> request to report next month?

We can ask nicely for podlings to report on time.

We can make it clear that there is nothing wrong with reporting next
month, and that it is in fact more convenient if podlings delay their
report one month rather than submit their report well past deadline.

But in the end, we will still get late reports. And we should accept
them, provisionally.

However, if they do not have Mentor signoff by the time the Chair
submits the report, the Chair should remove them.

> Multiple other sections of the report need to be updated and the
> podlings.xml file updated as well.

Yeah, late reports are a PITA for the volunteers who work on the
report, including the Chair. Sorry about that, amigo! People just
don't get it.

In the future, when we integrate the Incubator report with Whimsy,
let's remember this use case and build in some automation to lessen
the burden.  In the meantime, I'll go clean up the mess.

Marvin Humphrey