incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Reform of Incubator {was; [DISCUSSION] Graduate Ignite from the Apache Incubator)
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 18:36:14 GMT
On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 12:37 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 4:05 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
>> ...who else thinks the movement towards empowering
>> PPMCs and making IPMC very much like the board makes sense?...
>
> How is that different from the status quo where a podling with active
> mentors can have their releases +1ed by their mentors, requiring
> minimal interaction with the IPMC?

I think it is more of a bias issue. IOW, today it seems that the default bias
of IPMC is to consider itself a final authority (or a gatekeeper) on podling
releases. We need to break that bias and make it so that it is truly a safety
net, rather than a gatekeeper.

IOW, I'd like the release traffic on general@ to ONLY consist of [NOTICE]
emails, not [VOTE].

Thanks,