incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] IPMC vote needed for Ripple release 0.9.30 (was RE: [RESULT] [VOTE] Ripple release 0.9.30)
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 05:09:04 GMT
Yes, that's what I meant. I don't agree with the need (if 3 IPMC votes are available in the
podling), just as the board is not notified of TLP votes. However, I do agree the policy is
currently that the IPMC is notified.

I have always notified the IPMC, and will continue to do so while the policy is as currently
written.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marvin Humphrey [mailto:marvin@rectangular.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2015 7:15 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Cc: dev@ripple.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] IPMC vote needed for Ripple release 0.9.30 (was RE: [RESULT] [VOTE] Ripple
release 0.9.30)

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Ross Gardler <Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thank you Marvin. John I note that you use this as part of your due diligence process.
On the next release we will copy the result vote to the general thread.

I'm trying really hard to avoid dragging Ripple into a wider Incubator discussion, but copying
only the RESULT email would pose a problem.
The full IPMC must be given the opportunity to review any release, because Apache does not
allow subsets of a PMC to approve a release.

What would work fine is for Ripple to copy the initial VOTE thread to general@incubator.
That has been done a number of times in the past.

Marvin Humphrey