incubator-general mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reform of Incubator {was; [DISCUSSION] Graduate Ignite from the Apache Incubator)
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 20:13:41 GMT
On 03.08.2015 18:36, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> It's not the central Incubator folks like our regular release
> reviewers and report contributors who invent these extra criteria

Sorry but this has to be said: I see folks on this list inventing policy
(or rather, confusing opinion and policy) all the time. The Ignite
graduation discussion was a good example of that, but by no means unique.

It's this micromanagement self-preservation reflex (thanks, Roman!) that
puts me squarely on the side of a smaller IPMC that would hopefully also
be less of a peanut gallery. No offence meant and especially not to the
people who do put in a stellar performance hereabouts.

-- Brane