incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject apache binary distributions
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 09:55:25 GMT
Hi all,

some of the general discussion recently made me wonder about one point
with regards to binary distributions. It was pointed out, that a binary
distribution of a source code release has to be handled like a release
itself, and that there should be no download source of it outside of
apache. This seems to be one motivation for the asf having its own maven
repository.

I seem to misunderstand something here, or why can there be apache maven
artifacts in maven central and package in linux distributions for for
example httpd, if this policy is followed? I mean it was even suggested
to use the trademark to forbid the distribution through third parties. I
am quite irritated about this.

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou