incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] incubator_corinthia_release_0.1
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2015 11:09:24 GMT
Hi,

> - File should be named XX-incubating not incubator-XX.

Yep that should be the case - see 3.1 of [1], but I think this can be corrected next release.

> - You have a LINK_DEPENDENCIES.txt which seems to represents a NOTICES
> file.  As well as a DISCLAIMER file.  Not sure its role.

A disclaimer is required and is usually in a DISCLAIMER file [2].
"For releases, the text SHOULD be included in a separate DISCLAIMER file stored alongside
the NOTICE and LICENSE files.”

Link dependancies don’t need to be listed in the NOTICE file but only what is actually bundled
in the release. [3]

> - Remove the file extension from NOTICE/LICENSES.txt.

.txt is acceptable see [4] "They may be named LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt"

> - Your source distribution includes w3c-tidy-html5 plus its license, but is
> not references in your NOTICE file.

IMO there no need as it is under permissive BSD style license licensed [5].

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list
2. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#disclaimers