incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.4.0-incubating
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2015 00:07:54 GMT
Hi,

+0 (binding) and please fix up the licensing issues for the next release.

Checked:
- Release file name includes incubating
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE has some issues (see below), but all licenses involved are permissive and Apache
compatable.
- NOTICE ok
- No unexpected binary files
- Can compile from source

While I managed to get it to compile, note that a “mvn compile” will fail with:
Could not find artifact org.apache.calcite:calcite-avatica:jar:tests:1.4.0-incubating in central

LICENSE has some issues that need to be corrected:
- missing MIT license for ./site/_sass/_font-awesome.scss
- missing MIT license for ./site/_sass/_normalize.scs
- missing MIT license for /site/_sass/_gridism.scss
- missing MIT license for ./site/js/html5shiv.min.js
- missing MIT license for ./site/js/respond.min.js
- missing SIL license for ./site/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.*

And I assume also missing SASS's MIT license.

Please read [1] on how to add permissive licenses. Note that the licenses have different copyright
owners.

Also what it the provenance of this file?
./example/csv/src/test/resources/bug/archers.json

It looks like it may be part of a script from The Archers [2], do you have permission from
the copyright owners to use this?

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps