incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apache binary distributions
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:19:52 GMT

There is a reason that these distributions are not called hadoop in the product name. There
is no cloudera hadoop.  Nor MapR hadoop.

It is a fine line to acknowledge provenance and give proper credit but not claim to be identical.

On the other hand, hive and pig and zookeeper in the distributions are typically just repackaged
apache releases.  I say generally, since there are exceptions in products competitive to MapR's
(I work for MapR) which I am not fully knowledgable about.

Sent from my iPhone