incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 16:21:35 GMT

On 7/17/15, 7:05 AM, "Guillaume Laforge" <glaforge@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> And if folks are interested in other stories about release process
>> inefficiency, I will write to some Cordova folks off-list and ask them
>> add their thoughts to this thread.
>>

>Hmm this might be interesting, to see if there are some commonalities
>between theirs and our problems with our now sub-par release process.
>Apache, for me, should thrive for the best release quality process, but
>we've had to regress in that area to comply with the Apache expectations
>(with the various manual steps, etc), and I'm hopeful we can further
>improve such process for more automation, less human intervention, shorter
>release times, etc.

I don’t know how IP checking was done in the past for Groovy, but I don’t
know of a way to automate comparing the format of Apache L&N against the
contents of the packages, so I’ve resigned myself to some level of human
involvement.  I just hope those with the best techniques for finding
issues will share them.

It was pointed out to me that this is a pretty big list, so instead of
having the Cordova folks join this thread and re-hash the past
discussions, I’ll supply a link to a public archive of one thread.  There
are a couple of other threads on non-public lists.  And you can probably
drop in on the Cordova dev list and have them get involved on your dev
list.

http://s.apache.org/kvO

-Alex