incubator-general mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Graduate Ignite from the Apache Incubator
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 20:44:52 GMT
On 21 July 2015 at 22:39, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:

> Present time diversity or lack of same is not a bar to graduation.

Reading other lists, it seems to me that board is very concerned about TLPs
that are dominated by one company.

We (ASF) want to ensure that a project is not controlled by a company, and
also that the project can survive if
the company decides to do something else. That is diversity to me, and I
hope to many others.

It might not be a bar for leaving the incubator, but I sure hope it is a
bar for getting a board approval.
(and actually I thought it was a concern for incubator too).

rgds
jan i.