incubator-general mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 14:05:03 GMT
On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> [...]
> And if folks are interested in other stories about release process
> inefficiency, I will write to some Cordova folks off-list and ask them to
> add their thoughts to this thread.

Hmm this might be interesting, to see if there are some commonalities
between theirs and our problems with our now sub-par release process.
Apache, for me, should thrive for the best release quality process, but
we've had to regress in that area to comply with the Apache expectations
(with the various manual steps, etc), and I'm hopeful we can further
improve such process for more automation, less human intervention, shorter
release times, etc.

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager