incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zeppelin (incubating) 0.5.0-incubating
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 08:31:15 GMT
> On behalf of the Apache Zeppelin (incubating) PPMC I have contacted
> the original author and he agreed to contribute this code, with the
> proper Apache 2.0 licence header, directly to the Apache Zeppelin
> (incubating) codebase as a separate patch.
> So it is going to be resolved completely, together with 2 other issues
> raised here, over the next release.
>
> Edward J. Yoon, does this explanation and actions taken make you more
> comfortable with changing your opinion\vote?

+1

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Alexander Bezzubov
<abezzubov@nflabs.com> wrote:
> Got it, thank you very much, Justin, for the explanation!
>
> On behalf of the Apache Zeppelin (incubating) PPMC I have contacted
> the original author and he agreed to contribute this code, with the
> proper Apache 2.0 licence header, directly to the Apache Zeppelin
> (incubating) codebase as a separate patch.
> So it is going to be resolved completely, together with 2 other issues
> raised here, over the next release.
>
> Edward J. Yoon, does this explanation and actions taken make you more
> comfortable with changing your opinion\vote?
>
> Please let us know.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Alexander
>
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Regarding the issue raised by Edward - we were under impression that
>>> this particular contribution is covered by
>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/blob/master/NOTICE#L53
>>> (as we use the code from
>>> https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=1361 that was not
>>> merged to the selenium, keeping the attribution)
>>
>> It depends on how that original code is licensed and if you have permission to use
the code from the author. I don't know the exact particulars, and it may be fine, but it seem
unclear to me. This probably doesn’t have to be sorted in the this release but would need
to be sorted before graduation, but other IPMC member may hold different opinions.

>> Thanks,
>> Justin
>>

> --
> --