incubator-general mailing list archives

From C├ędric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Brooklyn 0.7.0-incubating [rc1]
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 14:21:42 GMT
> * renaming of packages from brooklyn.* to org.apache.brooklyn.* will be
> required for graduation, I strongly encourage that step to be taken care of
> in the next release.

Where is such a requirement described? As far as I understand, package
names are best suited if they start with org.apache.*, but it's not a
strong requirement. If it is, then it would basically mean that Groovy
(the podling I am member of) would never go out of incubation, because
of our binary backwards compatibility requirements.