incubator-general mailing list archives

From Cédric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 07:28:00 GMT
Thanks Justin. We had read that document, but even reading the "binary
section", it wasn't clear that source and binary L&N had to be
different. I would suggest to update the page to make it clear that
"These additional dependencies must be accounted for in LICENSE and
NOTICE." doesn't mean that the LICENSE and NOTICE files need to be
updated to include those additional dependencies, but that *separate*
L&N files *must* be issued including these additional dependencies.

> Hi,
>
>> +1 ! And adding such a tool into rat or whatever would be extremely
>> helpful, too...
>
> The “tools” I use generally make a bit of noise and require some interpretation /
filtering so I’m not sure they could be automated cleanly. One thing rat might be able to
do that I don’t think it currently does is detect files containing more than one license
header.