incubator-general mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Graduate Ignite from the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 22:03:54 GMT
Spending additional cycles in the incubation phase should never pose a
problem. Especially not with the number of IPMC members as high as it is.

It is more about doing the right thing, than the easy or the fast. It is
not a race, not a competition. And it shouldn't be about surpassing the
latest milestone or achievement (as in more graduated to TLP than last
period or shortest time spent in incubation). Remember, this phase exist to
build healthy ASF projects, where community is more important than code.
Rushing a podling through incubation leaves a taste like it is the other
way around.

And we also have keep in mind that the project not only there for those
with privileges. Focus on that subset of the community isn't building
healthy, successful projects.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*