incubator-general mailing list archives

From "amareshwarisr ." <amareshw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.2.0-beta-incubating
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 11:23:39 GMT
Thanks Justin for bringing up issues on the candidate. Responses in-line.

> Minor issues:
> - Any reason why are these file included in the source release?
>         apache-lens-2.2.0-beta-incubating/bin-dist-files/LICENSE-GPLv3
>         apache-lens-2.2.0-beta-incubating/bin-dist-files/LICENSE-LGPL
>         Basically anything in
> apache-lens-2.2.0-beta-incubating/bin-dist-files/* - you might want to
> remove then in future releases.

Those are files required for  binary distribution LICENSE files. Some of
the libraries included in binary distribution are dual licensed along with
GPL. Sure, We will see if the files can be removed from source distribution
while packaging.

- The binary release NOTICE file probably has unnecessary content but
> that’s not a release blocker.

AFAIK, I have verified all the content wrt licenses and the NOTICE is fine.

> - It would be better to have the release signed by apache.org email.
> - Any reason the source is a .zip and the binary a .tar.gz?
>
> We are using default apache-release profile for source release - which is
generating zip file.