incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Graduate Ignite from the Apache Incubator
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 04:16:07 GMT
// Putting my Ignite mentor hat on

I apologies for not chiming in on this thread earlier.
I am at OSCON and my connectivity is extremely
limited. Thus, I'd like to constrain myself to highly
actionable questions on this thread. Which is:

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 7:34 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Obviously it's good practice to post the outcome of offline chats to the
>> dev@ list for further discussion. On the other hand, I've not seen any
>> major feature appear in the Ignite code base without dev@ list discussion.
>>

> Could you find some examples.
>
> I would love to be convinced.  So far, I have mostly been unconvinced by
> the examples that I have found.
>
> You would be likely to be better at finding good examples since you are
> closer to the project.

Is this the only actionable data point that is being
requested of Ignite mentors at this point? If there are
others I missed (once again apologies) I'd like
to know the full list before I dig into providing more
details on the podling.

Thanks,
Roman.