incubator-general mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Brooklyn 0.7.0-incubating [rc1]
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:21:18 GMT
Hi Cedric,

It's dug down somewhere in my memories, I bet somebody like Marvin or
Roman or Ted could quickly pull out their magic hats the authoritative
link. There ore other projects that release in non-asf packages (e.g.
geronimo specs in javax.*) for very good reasons. I don't know what and
how applies to your concrete Groovy situation. While there are
exceptions, my understanding is that it's a pretty strong requirement.

The rationale has something to do, iirc, with the fact that we cannot
release code in packages for which we don't own the domain and would
create confusion and possibly conflicts for downstream users. If I am
wrong, hopefully somebody will correct me.

Cheers,
Hadrian