incubator-general mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Graduate Ignite from the Apache Incubator
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 14:25:16 GMT
On 21.07.2015 03:26, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> Thanks for kicking off this discussion, Dmirtiy.
>
> As one of the mentors I think this podling is ready to get graduated. The process of
"indocrInating" this group of people into the Apache Way was not always a walk in a park and
we had our share of heated discussions. But the fact that the community converged into the
ASF way of doing things and did it with open face makes me believe that the goal of the incubation
has been achieved. There's nothing for me as a mentor to help this podling with.

I second all of the above.

> No, scratch that. One last thing I want to do. Here it is: before we submit this resolution
to the IPMC vote, let's remove the following paragraph:

> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Ignite PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache Ignite Project; and be it further
>
> There's clearly no need to create any special bylaws unless the project needs to amend
the common and minimal set of ASF bylaws. Having more laws makes a project worst off not better.
Hence, I move to remove this clause completely.

Agreed. The Ignite podling has its development and release processes
adequately documented and/or automated and IMO does not need any further
rules that depart from published ASF policy.

--  Brane