incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2015 01:21:26 GMT
On 14/07/2015 7:00 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> We don't bundle the source from any of those libraries true, but we do generate sources
as part of our build using ANTLR and we do bundle the class files from the ANLTR and ASM projects
in some of our jars and we do bundle the jars from some of those projects in some of our binary
zips. So, only use of source files is important for NOTICE/LICENSE or would we need slightly
different versions of those files in different places?

> Yes only refer to what is bundled [1] and yes the NOTICE/LICENSE files would need to
be different [2].

We ended up needing ten different NOTICE (and respectively LICENSE) variants but we should
be good now for another release. We might try to get someone to do a pre-check on a snapshot
before we attempt a formal release.

Cheers, Paul.

> 1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle
> 2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#binary