incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 05:43:58 GMT
Am 14.07.2015 07:26, schrieb Alex Harui:

> On 7/13/15, 10:05 PM, "Jochen Theodorou" <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:
>>
>> then source and binary distribution have to have different
>> NOTICE/LICENSE files?
>
> Yep, I think of it as the list of allergens in the package.  If you use
> peanut oil to cook the raw ingredients, you’d better tell the consumer.

ok, but there is no harm in listing allergens that are not actually in
there. So why can't we have a single NOTICE/LICENSE file that covers
both cases? Is it not possible to say something that the binary
distribution will additionally include this and that? Having to have two
distinct files looks unnecessarily complex to me

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou