incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Communicating intent around non-release, downstream integration binary artifacts
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 20:00:07 GMT
On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:
> Am 25.06.2015 15:13, schrieb Sean Busbey:
> [...]
>>
>> If the Docker Hub page wasn't under the control of the Geode PMC, then I'd
>> say it was a marks violation and they'd have to seek out control of it or
>> removal.
>

> can you explain me how that is a marks violation?

The average consumer can't tell that isn't coming from the Apache
Geode project. As a matter of fact, the 'organization' listed on the
page isn't $random_individual, it's 'ApacheGeode' distributing a
docker image by the name of Geode. So if the PPMC does not control
that organization the IPMC needs to make a trademark infringement
complaint to Docker.

--David