incubator-general mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.2.0 release (RC2)
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 19:25:44 GMT
On 23 June 2015 at 21:17, Branko ─îibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:

> On 23.06.2015 21:14, Branko ─îibej wrote:
> > The fact that a file is binary, no matter what it's used for, can't be
> > reason for holding back a release.
>
> Let me amend that: "as long as it doesn't affect the functionality of
> the product in any way".

Your amendment makes it very difficult to release a number of projects.
Take AOO as an example, we use icons in the menuline,
and of course they are stored a binaries.

I think the real problem is that many projects actually have different
binaries in their release which are needed for the project
(not only test data), and looking at our TLP projects nobody complains.

Maybe we should try to find another definition here.

rgds
jan i.