incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: June report prep
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 15:03:58 GMT
I don't think that the Sentry PPMC actually disagrees with the mentor's
recommendation (and, in fact, at least one person agreed to reverting to
monthly reports).

But in reading the last 4 months of traffic on the dev list, I really don't
think that the PPMC has internalized the critique at all either.  They seem
oblivious to process issues and have even voted to try to proceed with
graduation without really noticing that there are problems.

This indicates (to me) that the Incubator shepherds and project mentors are
largely not being understood by the PPMC.  Neither are the release
procedures being internalized.  The result is that the conversation tends
to go a bit like

MENTOR: I see a serious problem X
PPMC: We will have to address that in the future
PPMC: Let's release
MENTOR: I see a serious problem Y with your release
PPMC: We will have to address that in the future
PPMC: Let's graduate

There is never an argument or contradiction to the assertion of a problem,
but there doesn't seem to be much attention paid either.  My impression is
that the community is not actually reading the dev list very carefully.