incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Poddlings @ApacheCON EU CORE
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2015 21:12:23 GMT
On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 7:03 AM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
> First thanks for taking care of getting our podlings onboard, they are the
> future of ASF and therefore really important.

Indeed. Here's a tracking page I've created:
   https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACEU15Incubator

Let the sign-ups begin!

> I have to couple of comments, please just read them as comments and nothing
> more.
>
> - At FOSDEM, I have now tried 10minute slots 2 times, a 5 minute slot is
> cutting it down just a "Hi I am".

Good point. Lets stick with 10 minutes then.

> - Did you consider sending your email directly to the podlings ML, I have
> noticed many podlings committers are not subscribed here.

Will do today. In fact, that same page now also track regular
talk submitted for poddlings. So far we've got a very low
participation rate from poddlings if you ask me. I hope
to reach out to their private MLs with a final reminder on both.

That said, if there are mentors reading this who don't see their
poddlings  mentioned at the last section on that page -- please
consider 'strongly encouraging' the communities to go and present.

Thanks,
Roman.