incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Communicating intent around non-release, downstream integration binary artifacts
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 09:46:40 GMT
Am 26.06.2015 11:39, schrieb Jochen Theodorou:
> Am 26.06.2015 09:19, schrieb Branko ─îibej:
>> On 25.06.2015 09:17, Jochen Theodorou wrote:
> [...]
>>> nightly source tarballs? Is that really a thing?
>>
>> Yes, it is, why wouldn't it be? Httpd isn't even written in Java, and
>> yet it can actually run on computers! :)
>
> I was asking because whoever is able to setup an environment to build
> httpd is surely also able to use the repository directly to get exactly
> the version they want... in the Java world it can be more easy thanks to
> Ivy, gradle and maven and you can go with almost no setup

I want to add, that it looks like httpd is a bad example for nightly
builds, since (unless I am wrong) it seems there has been no activity in
repository that I could call by anything daily recently. So if they
should have nightly builds, I doubt their use.

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou