incubator-general mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Communicating intent around non-release, downstream integration binary artifacts
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 07:19:31 GMT
On 25.06.2015 09:17, Jochen Theodorou wrote:
> Am 24.06.2015 23:32, schrieb Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH):
>> For HTTPd I was referring to the assertion from Justin earlier in
>> this thread " FWIW, httpd always had nightly tarballs available for
>> consumption and testing." (though reading that now I wonder if he
>> meant source tarballs - which is an easy way of resolving this whole
>> issue)

I don't see how that makes anything "easier": it doesn't matter if the
package contains source or binaries or pictures of kittens, the only
question is whether it's a release or not.

> nightly source tarballs? Is that really a thing?

Yes, it is, why wouldn't it be? Httpd isn't even written in Java, and
yet it can actually run on computers! :)

-- Brane