incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Communicating intent around non-release, downstream integration binary artifacts
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 15:51:32 GMT
Am 24.06.2015 14:04, schrieb Marvin Humphrey:
[...]
> What differentiates the "general public" from "developers" is whether they are
> aware of the conditions placed on the artifacts and thus exercising informed
> consent.

What I don't understand is, why I am "exercising informed consent" if I
read the something on a dev list, if I got there through google, a blog
post, nabble or whatever. I mean I may not have searched for a snaphost
for example, and only found a page explaining that may issue is solved
if I do this and that. That could be on a blog for example.

The dev list restriction is for me just serving as fig leaf to have
something defining this exercised consent.

Plus there are a ton of pages that link to nightly builds and snapshot
on the official apache websites. There are only normally not on the top
page, but in some "developer" or "how to build" section. From what I did
read, I would have thought that this is not allowed.

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou