incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.1.0 release (RC5)
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 07:09:00 GMT
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 6:09 PM, Branko ─îibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:
> On 20.05.2015 00:44, Justin Mclean wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> +0 (binding) from me until these 2 issues are resolved. Of course other IPMC members
may vote differently.

>> Several bundled files have GPL license headers e.g. ./ipc/shmem/config.guess, ./ipc/shmem/ltmain.sh
etc. While these look like auto generated build files but I'm not sure that they can be included
in a source release.

> There's no way around including such files; any normal (i.e., not Java
> :) source package that uses configure and libtool needs those files
> bundled in the source.

If you read the license text in those files, those files carry
well-known exceptions - see below.  So, it should be fine.
(httpd/Subversion/APR release tarballs usually end up with similar
files.)  -- justin

config.guess:
# As a special exception to the GNU General Public License, if you
# distribute this file as part of a program that contains a
# configuration script generated by Autoconf, you may include it under
# the same distribution terms that you use for the rest of that
# program.  This Exception is an additional permission under section 7
# of the GNU General Public License, version 3 ("GPLv3").

ltmain.sh:
# As a special exception to the GNU General Public License,
# if you distribute this file as part of a program or library that
# is built using GNU Libtool, you may include this file under the
# same distribution terms that you use for the rest of that program.