incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.1.0-incubating
Date Sun, 17 May 2015 03:41:35 GMT
Justin,

First, thanks for attempting to validate the release.  You will need
to build all three components mentioned above in order.  The error you
note suggests that the nifi-parent was not built before attempting the
build of nifi-0.1.0.

We expect most releases to be much easier to validate than this one
but we needed to factor out a common parent here to share across the
other two modules.  Our preference would be to have a single build
that does it all but that isn't possible when one of the artifacts you
want to build would also be an extension/plugin you'd use in maven in
that same build.

Regarding the email address used we will be sure to better reflect
that in our release guide.  The .zip is generated by the
'apache-release' profile that comes from the standard
org.apache/apache/16 artifact.  It uses a
'apache-source-release-assembly-descriptor' which only generates a
zip.  We could extend that but I'd be reluctant to.

Thanks
Joe

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +0 (binding) as I’m unable to get the release to compile.
>
> This may be my setup or perhaps an issue with the pom.xml file. When trying to compile
I get:
> The project org.apache.nifi:nifi:0.1.0-incubating (/Users/justinmclean/Downloads/ApacheNiFi/nifi-0.1.0-incubating/pom.xml)
has 1 error
in central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) and 'parent.relativePath' points at no local
POM @ line 18, column 13 -> [Help 2]

> Any ideas?
>
> Everything else looks good:
> - Signatures and hashes correct
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE and NOTICE correct (I doubled check all licenses - nice work!)
> - No unexpected binary files (although there are some binary test files)
> - All source files have headers
>
> A couple of very minor things:
> - Consider signing release with an apache.org email. The signatures is fine (and perhaps
it's just me) but I‘m less likely to trust something signed with “nameXX@hotmail.com”
style email address. :-)