incubator-general mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.1.0 release (RC5)
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 10:55:51 GMT
Guys,

LICENSE, NOTICE and DEPENDENCIES are added by maven parent pom which does
not consider .txt files and thinks that they are absent. In my view maven
should have fail in this case. Anyway, this will be fixed and new rc will
be resubmitted to PPMC once again. Brane, given you are busy should we
consider extending PPMC vote for 96 hours?

Ticket for Justin's comment on licenses packaging -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-927 (will be addressed in the
next release).

As far as other issues, my comments are below

 * The "official" source for "official convenience" binaries should be
    the source package, not some tag in the repository. The source
    package is what we release; not the repository contents. I'm sure I
    mentioned that before.

YZ: Agree, there is a JIRA ticket for this -

  * I agree with Justin about binary package placing and naming; you'll
    recall that I was quite eloquent on that topic a while ago, without
    much effect.

YZ: Ticket has been filed and will be addressed in the next release
(Justin, it also covers "apache" in artifact names) -

  * There are many, many HTML syntax errors in the javadocs.

YZ: Far from being a serious issue. Javadocs can be built without errors
and look good in browser. I think this can be addressed with low priority
in the background.

  * Once finally run, the node says "New version is available at
    ignite.incubator.apache.org: 1.0.0". Surely that's a bug if I'm
    running 1.1.0?

YZ: Well, this is the simplest way to implement update checker. If site has
different version it should be a newer one. Once this gets released, the
website will be updated and message will not pop up in logs. So, would not
touch it for now.

Thanks!

--Yakov