incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] May 2015 Board Report
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 14:43:38 GMT
On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 7:26 PM, Tim Williams <williamstw@gmail.com> wrote:
> fwiw, it'd be good that shepherds get in the habit of putting their or
> initials in front of their comments, because the section is titled
> "mentors/shepherd comments".

+1

It would be nice if shepherds and Mentors did this themselves.  I don't really
understand what people are thinking when they add comments without signing
their names -- it seems like such important information.  But people are
poeple and I guess signing will only happen consistently if we automate it,
for example if we use whimsy to generate the Incubator report.

In the meantime, I clean up the shepherd/mentor comment attributions nearly
every month.  This involves cross-checking against the shepherd assignments at
the top of the wiki page, and sometimes even diving into the change history of
the page via the "info" link. :\

Last weekend I had a bigger crunch than usual, and just decided not to make
time for this and other aspects of the report.  Thanks very much to John for
handling...

*   releases
*   new podlings
*   graduations
*   new IPMC members
*   clarification in the CommonsRDF comment section
*   sending out the draft

Since I have a moment and the report is not yet marked as "final", I'll go
fix the shepherd comments now.

Marvin Humphrey