incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] May 2015 Board Report
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 15:20:05 GMT
On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 5:56 AM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 7:03 PM Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Seetharam Venkatesh
>> <venkatesh@innerzeal.com> wrote:
>> > Atlas also was voted into incubator and I do not see it in the report.
>> > Thoughts?
>>
>> The Incubator's report is a community effort. The Chair has editorial
>> discretion but is not the sole author. Your contributions would be
>> welcome.
>>
>> The publication of the Draft report on the Monday before filing is
>> intended to catch glitches like these. The report is scheduled to be
>> filed on Wednesday but has not yet been sent this month, so perhaps
>> the entry will make it in.
>
> Depends on the definition of a glitch.
>
> In my case, I tend to err on the side of being conservative in the report.
> I use the last day of the month as a cutoff.
> Atlas didn't start a vote until May, as a result I wouldn't expect them to
> list until June.

Fair enough.  But it's good to have more people contribute and if not everyone
is so disciplined about cutoff dates, that's a small price to pay.

I am encouraged by increasing feedback on the draft report.  I would be
further encouraged if more people took it to the next level and fixed the
problems they see!

Marvin Humphrey