incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: You know what... Apache is just too complicated.
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 23:51:13 GMT
Am 18.05.2015 20:35, schrieb Stefan Reich:
> Lots of rules, Americans in the background... I don't see that it works.
>
> Why don't we spend our time just PRODUCING SOMETHING?
>
> All you'd have to do is connect programmers to projects. Simple. Why all
> the rules?

I can give you my take:
Contributors will more or less give their free time for no money, so
they want recognition in exchange. That and legal stuff is what most of
those rules are about.

Since I am too involved with Groovy I am too biased to comment about
JavaX, or if it fits for Apache. But I can tell you, that as soon as you
have to deal with more than a handful of people you know privately
and/or if people start actually looking at what your stuff does, things
easily start to get socially complicated.

bye Jochen

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou